Make the most of ACCA and IIA’s networking forums by attending or listening to one of the events scheduled for this autumn.
ACCA works in conjunction with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) to present a programme of free networking forums. Six forums are held a year – usually at ACCA’s head office at 29 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London – and take place from 09.00–10.30.
The format of each event is a 45 minute talk followed by questions and answers and is preceded by time to network over tea, coffee and Danishes.
The programme for the second half of 2011 is as follows:
- Tuesday 20 September – Michael Gilbert of the Home Office will speak on Optimising your performance through audit automation.
- Tuesday 25 October – Stuart Wooldridge of PricewaterhouseCoopers will speak on The big assurance picture.
- Thursday 24 November – Jay Abbott of PricewaterhouseCoopers will speak on Ethical hacking.
Attendance at all events is free, but as places are limited please book in advance.
To book online, please visit our new booking system to register. Please note prior to booking an event you must register on the online booking system. Once you have received your registration email and activated your account, follow these steps:
1. Select events catalogue
2. Select the sector/network tab
3. Tick the box next to internal audit and press search
4. Add all the events you would like to book to your basket
5. Once you have added all the events you would like to attend, click checkout.
Following each event, either a podcast or a transcript of the talk, together with the presentation material, will be made available on ACCA’s Audit & Assurance Virtual Learning Centre (VLC). Listening to each podcast (or reading the transcript and presentation material) can constitute one unit of CPD where relevant to your role and/or career aspirations.
To access the VLC, login in to your myACCA account and select the E-learning Gateway link. Then select 'ACCA Virtual Learning Centre & Harvard Business Publishing' then select ‘Internal Audit’ and ‘yes’ when it asks you if you wish to enrol for the course. Once inside the VLC, the podcasts can be found under the events section. This resource is free to ACCA members.